Facts About Age-Related Macular Degeneration
This information was developed by the National Eye Institute to help patients and their families search for general information about age-related macular degeneration. An eye care professional who has examined the patient's eyes and is familiar with his or her medical history is the best person to answer specific questions.
Table of Contents
- What is AMD?
- Who is at risk?
- How is AMD detected?
- What are the stages of AMD?
- Early AMD
- Intermediate and late AMD
- Advanced neovascular AMD
- Questions to ask your eye care professional about treatment
- Loss of Vision
- Where to go for services
- What are some low vision devices?
- Questions to ask your eye care professional about low vision
- Charles Bonnet syndrome (Visual Hallucinations)
- Coping with AMD
- Information for family members
- Where can I get more information?
Author: no author
Organization: National Eye Institute (NEI)
Only for Members: No
Content type: Presentation
Tags: eye diseases, blindness, low vision, macular degeneration, senior generation
Categories: Overall support